World’s largest ghost hunt offers coffins as prizes for Halloween
Posted on Oct 12, 2021 by Jake Bergquist
Questo has just launched the world's largest ghost hunt in 38 cities (listed below) in time for Halloween!
On Saturday night, October 30th, thousands of groups of friends, families and students will hit the streets in search of haunted houses, possessed places, and their spirits. This is an interactive activity where people are guided by a mobile app to discover the terrifying, yet true, stories behind the city they live in.
After the sun goes down, this open-air activity will have participants competing against each other as they solve bespoke puzzles, riddles and cryptic codes that will test their nerves and wits at every location to unlock stories that tell a different side of their city.
In true Halloween style, every player has the opportunity to win a life-sized, ready-to-go coffin. Naturally. And many other prizes.
Alex Govoreanu, CEO of Questo said:
We are always organising different types of events, but we knew this one will be a hit when we had more than 15.000 participants in just four cities at the very first edition. Now, already at the 4th annual edition, we are going to almost 40 cities, each with its unique dark charm. And we're going bigger than ever, with live actors (where restrictions permit it), amazing prizes and even better places and stories. The entire team is always excited to organise these Halloween events and we hope you can bring your friends and family to enjoy everything that we prepared for you!
How it works:
- Step 1: Book your spot, in your city here
- Step 2: Download the app for free
- Step 3: Arrive at the set starting location
- Step 4: Follow the simple instructions in the app which will take you to each haunted hotspot
Cities with Haunted Ghost Walks:
- USA: Austin, Chicago, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, Savannah
- UK: Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Manchester
- France: Lyon, Montpellier, Paris
- Germany: Cologne, Munich
- Hungary: Budapest
- Ireland: Dublin
- Italy: Florence, Rome, Turin
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Romania: Brasov, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi
- Spain: Barcelona, Madrid
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Switzerland: Geneva
- Australia: Melbourne, Sydney
- South Korea: Seoul
Media Kit available here
Questo is an urban entertainment platform for city games created by talented local storytellers. Players solve challenges by looking for details in their surroundings to discover new places and very fun bits of history. Questo helps people play and explore while traveling, or in their own city, with over 300 games in more than 130 cities worldwide.