Take a tour around picturesque Hallstatt, snugly tucked between salt mountains and a translucent lake. Explore the settlement of quaint 16th century buildings sitting on a site that has been inhabited since the Iron Age.
Follow clues and solve puzzles to find signs of the town’s ancient history. Ready to time travel?
- After booking, follow the instructions you receive by e-mail for playing this city game & walking tour.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee if you don't enjoy the quest
- Visit the town brauhaus that was granted the right to brew beer in 1504 by Emperor Maximillian I.
- Languish in the charming market square that was rebuilt in the 16th century after a devastating fire.
- Rise above the village to discover some hidden monuments set in front of an unparalleled view of the lake.
Tourist Office Hallstatt - Dachstein Salzkammergut
Know before you go
- Quest available in German, English
- This quest has 9 challenges
- Best during the day
- Best for couples
- Recommended activity for families
One of your fiercest rivals, Johann George Ramsauer, has just discovered an Iron Age cemetery near his home village of Hallstatt in the Austrian mountains. Rumour has it that among the hundreds of skeletons lies a fragment of a tablet from the ancient Middle Eastern civilisation of Assyria. Could it be true? How did it get there? Would this change how we see ancient history?
You must leave for Austria immediately to try and find the tablet.
How does a
game look like?
Discover new places
As you walk and tour around the city, you will visit new cool places.
Solve puzzles, crack riddles
You will test your wits and exploring abilities with fun challenges.
Learn fun history
Each place comes with its own bit of history that you’ll discover as you walk.
Put yourself in the shoes of a famous fictional character and play out their story.