Tokyo’s Kitchen: Tsukiji (QUEST IN TEST MODE)
Play a city game where you will learn about the history of the area around Tsukiji Market, the “Kitchen” of Tokyo, and the Tsukuda area.
Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of the market and its history, and taste delicious foods like tsukudani, a dish prepared by simmering seafood, fish, and other ingredients in soy sauce and sugar.
You will explore Tsukiji as a kitsune, a Japanese fox spirit, and play a trick on a greedy fisherman while discovering stories about the Tsukiji area.
- No booking needed. Just download the app, add it to your quests and start playing.
- You will experience Japanese tradition by visiting temples and shrines where people express their gratitude to the gods.
- You will learn about Japanese food culture and have a chance to taste some of Japan’s most well-known dishes.
- You will discover stories about the Tsukiji and Tsukuda island areas.
Know before you go
- Quest available in English, ja
- This quest has 10 challenges
- Best during the day
- Kid friendly
- Best for couples
- Recommended activity for families
You’ve lived in Tokyo for almost 300 years, and you know the city like the palm of your hand.
One morning, you suddenly have an urge to have a bite of onigiri, a rice snack wrapped in nori, at the Tsukiji market.
You suddenly run into a little boy and a grouchy fisherman; there’s something sketchy going on between the two.
Before you know it, you find yourself on a mission to outwit the grouchy fisherman and help the little boy and his family!
Interesting sites, and good directions.
Read all reviews →