Dickens’s London (QUEST IN TEST MODE)
Play a city game where you walk in the footsteps of one of Britain’s greatest writers, Charles Dickens.
You will learn about Dickens’s rags to riches life story and discover the locations that inspired his stories, from pickpockets’ lairs, prisons and courts, to historic pubs and hidden alleyways.
Are you ready for an adventure in Dickens’ London?
- No booking needed. Just download the app, add it to your quests and start playing.
- Learn about Dickens’s extraordinary life, from child labourer to celebrated writer.
- Explore the once brutal and crime-ridden streets of Clerkenwell and the stately legal district of Holborn where Dickens studied and worked.
- Discover the darkened bars and inns where lawyers once jostled with scoundrels and Dickens met the colourful characters that would crowd his novels.
48 Doughty St
Know before you go
- Quest available in English
- This quest has 12 challenges
- Best during the day
- Kid friendly
- Best for couples
- Recommended activity for families
You are an aspiring writer in London. Since you have been here, you haven’t been able to write or sleep. You go for a walk to calm your mind and see an intense young man in a black top hat and coat. He resembles Charles Dickens, the famous Victorian writer who first inspired you to write. You know Dickens is long dead, but you become convinced that this man holds the key to breaking your spell of writer’s block. You decide to follow him.
Read all reviews →
Great fun, informative, quirky and atmospheric, a must for Dickens fans. This took me to some hidden gems of secret London I would not have found otherwise!