Things to do in London in the Evening
Posted on Jun 23, 2022 by Questo Team
London is a city that never sleeps. It offers a variety of things to do during the day and night. There are plenty of things to do in the evening and you will be able to find your perfect activity no matter what your preferences are.
In this article, we will present you with 10 things to do in London in the evening.
1) Watch theater performances
If you want to see some theater performances, here are some of the best theaters in London:
- The National Theater: The National Theater is a world-famous venue that has been on the map since 1976. It is home to many productions and shows that have won awards around the world.
- The Royal Court Theater: This theater has been around for more than 100 years and it is one of the most prestigious venues in London. It was established by Sir Sydney Olivier as a place for new writing, as well as established plays that needed an intimate space.
- The Young Vic Theater: This theater has a long list of performers that have come through the doors. It is home to many famous productions such as "The Duchess of Malfi", "The Glass Menagerie", and "Marat/Sade".
2) Attend a musical concert
One of the best ways to spend your evening time is by attending a musical concert in London. The Royal Opera House is home to some of the best operas and ballets that you can find. It holds a variety of performances that take place at different times throughout the year. These performances are held for different age groups as well, so there is something for everyone! The Barbican Center is another great place to attend a concert. The venue has been hosting concerts since it opened in 1963 and has hosted all sorts of performances from jazz bands to rock concerts as well as classical music performances. The Wembley Arena is a place that is home to many popular musical concerts. The arena is one of the biggest and busiest venues in the UK. If you are looking for more "traditional" musical concerts, try the Royal Albert. You can also visit the O2 Arena to see a large number of contemporary musical performances. When the weather is nice, you can also watch some concerts in Hyde Park.
3) Visit galleries
In the evening, you can visit some amazing galleries and art museums in London.
Some of them include:
- The Tate Modern, which is one of the best modern art museums in Europe and has an impressive collection of paintings from Picasso to Monet.
- The National Gallery, which features works by some of the most famous artists in history such as Raphael and Michelangelo.
- The Courtauld Gallery, which is a smaller museum but has an interesting collection including a painting by Leonardo da Vinci.
- The National Portrait Gallery, which houses one of the largest collections of British portraits in the world.
- The Haywain Room, which is a small room filled with drawings and paintings by John Constable.
- The Sackler Gallery, which has been described as one of the most important collections from the 20th century and has an impressive collection from Picasso to Frank Stella.
- The Tate Britain, which is on the site of the old British Museum and features works from El Greco to Andy Warhol.
- The Royal Academy, which has an impressive collection of paintings by artists such as Rembrandt and Velazquez.
- Old Master's Room, which has a number of paintings by artists like Titian and Monet.
- The Sir John Soane's Museum, which has a wide collection of art from the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Victoria and Albert Museum, which is one of the world's first purpose-built museums and includes a large collection of British art from prehistoric times to the present day.
among many others.
4) Go for a walk around Piccadilly Circus
Piccadilly Circus is a popular tourist attraction and it is a great place to visit in the evening. It is located in the heart of London, close to all the major attractions such as Oxford Street, Covent Garden, and Leicester Square. There are many things to do at Piccadilly Circus like walking around and taking pictures or shopping in one of its many stores.
If you are looking for some nightlife activities, then there are plenty of pubs and clubs that you can go to. If you want something more laid-back then there are also bars that have live music playing or comedy acts on stage.
5) Ride the London Eye
The London Eye is an iconic landmark and a must-do when in London. It is the most popular tourist attraction in the United Kingdom and the world at large.
The London Eye offers 360° views of London, including landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, The Shard, St Paul's Cathedral, and Tower Bridge. To have the best view, visit in the evening.
6) Take a ride in the dazzlingly lit, double-decker circle of lights that covers the Southbank Holiday Attraction
The Southbank Holiday Attraction is a festive attraction that is perfect for people looking to have a great time in the evening. It is located on the south bank of the River Thames and it features a dazzling array of lights that are designed to bring joy to people.
The Southbank Holiday Attraction offers visitors an opportunity to get away from their everyday lives and enjoy themselves in a festive environment. It’s perfect for those who want some time out with friends or family, or if you just want some peace and quiet on your own.
7) See a great movie at the Haymarket Cinema
The Haymarket Cinema is a great place to see a movie. It has a great selection of movies and the location is perfect for an evening out.
It’s conveniently located in the center of London, so it’s easy to get to and from. The cinema also has an excellent selection of food and drinks for you to enjoy before or after your movie.
Picnics are an excellent way to spend an evening in London. There are plenty of places to go, and you can choose what food you want to eat. Everything from a full buffet to an ice cream takes up the whole evening. There are a lot of places where you can hold picnics in London, but the best is Hampstead Heath. You can find a variety of restaurants or bistros to go to during your picnic, and you can enjoy the view from Heath. You don’t have to worry about parking in London when you go on a picnic because there are plenty of spaces on Hampstead Heath.
9) Enjoy dinner at one of the many Michelin-starred restaurants
London is a place with many things to do. If you're looking for a dinner experience, there are many Michelin-starred restaurants in the city that will leave you wanting more.
You can find a list of the best Michelin-starred restaurants on the website of Michelin Guide
London is a truly international city and it's not surprising that the evening is an excellent time to explore its culture, food, and sights.
In the evening, London becomes a totally different place. The streets are lit up with the lights of restaurants, bars, and shops. It's time to explore!
If you are looking for places in London to visit with your friends, This article offers 17 fun ideas. Check it out!